Online Compliance Training for Prevention of Sexual Harassment, NY state and NY City (NYC), for $3.99 per employee
The Prevention of Sexual Harassment training for New York State* and New York City* has three components:
- The employer is required to provide company policies, contact information for reporting sexual harassment claims, as well as training. This is set up inside the employer account. See below for setting up your employer account. Setup is free, after which employers can purchase training.
- The employees log in and complete the training. After training, employees can log in to their account at any time, and access the employer sexual harassment prevention policy, as well as access the employer provided contact information and complaint form.
- The employer has the ability to verify compliance by viewing training dates and scores for all employees.
*NOTE: PSCC uses the same training and documentation for NY State and NY City hence everyone will meet the more stringent requirements of NY City.
The NY course curriculum is based on the NY supplied information. The training is self paced and requires an average of a half hour.
Employer Account DetailsHow does the online sexual harassment prevention training process work?
- Sign up for an employer account using this link
- Receive password by email
- Login and purchase courses for employees
- Courses can be assigned immediately, or at a later date
- Unassigned courses do not expire
- Online access to electronic record of all your employee's trainings!
- Archive | Download | Print employee certificates
NY State Requirements
- Every employer in New York is required to provide ANNUAL training to its employees beginning no later than October 9, 2019.
- Employers are also required to have adopted a written sexual harassment prevention policy by October 1, 2018.
- These policies must be made available to all employees.
- Employees required to complete training include:
- temporary workers
NY City also has requirements for sexual harassment prevention training
New York City Requirements:
- Effective April 2019, NYC requires all employers with 15 or more employees to provide training EVERY year.
- Employers must keep a record of all trainings, including a signed employee acknowledgement for at least 3 years. These may be kept electronically.
- All employers in the NYC are required to conspicuously display anti-sexual harassment rights and responsibilities notices in both English and Spanish.
- Employers must distribute a Factsheet to individual employees at the time of hire which may be included in an employee handbook.
- NYC training requirements apply to employees and independent contractors who work more than 80 hours in a calendar year and work for at least 90 days.